Welcome To The Leek College Art Department Blog

we are inspired....

Wednesday 5 February 2014

The end of Textiles/Printmaking aka: The Mellor Wing!

 
 
The big move! The time has finally come to move from Textiles/Printmaking aka 'the Mellor wing' - a title given to the room on my behalf by a lovely former colleague - Chat Robinson due to 1 - it being my main teaching area and 2. to the large amount of books I have on 'permanent' (not!) loan form the college library!
 
 
....glad to see I have been given such a grand title...Lady Mellor!!
 
 
The motley crew that is the Art Department 2013: from left - Rob Barks, Celia Kent, Suzanne Mellor, Gwen Emery, Anne-Lise Fraser, Jennie Morrey & Chris Thompsn

BED yr2 student - Natasha

 
 
 
The last class in Textiles and ironically the newest course at the new Buxton & Leek College - end of one era beginning of another: Foundation Degree in Contemporary Art & Design Practice ()year 1



 
A sad day when textiles/printmaking was finally cleared ready for demolition and our move to Pinnacle 1. I have taught in this room for more years than I really want to put down in print!! Loads of talented students have passed through these rooms - was even a student in here myself - Graphic Design with John Edwards! Loved working in here with the amazing view. I have to admit it has gone slightly past its best now - was sure I would find I family of small furry animals under the boxes!

 
The old to the new: the view of Pinnacle from textiles

 

 
Found lots of missing items and amazingly (with a lot of arm twisting from the very harsh Chris Thompson) got rid of a lot of stuff - I am renowned for my hoarding so it was a very tough time!! managed to sneak a few things back that chris had taken to the bin...don't tell him!!
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment